RENTAL TERMS & CONDITIONS
Rental for your storage unit shall be payable in advance by tenant. The amount of rent can be increased, with owner giving tenant a 30-day written notice. If rent is not received by the 5th of the month, a $15.00 late fee will be charged to your account. If rent and/or any other unpaid fees are not received by the 15th day of the month, the storage unit will be locked with owner’s lock and you will be denied access to the storage unit. A $30.00 fee must be paid to open the storage unit and all unpaid rent and/or other unpaid fees must be paid in full to regain access to the storage unit. If your storage unit is locked because of your failure to pay rent and/or other fees, the owner will have 10 working days to remove their lock after the past due amounts are paid.
Tenants must submit a written notice to vacate a unit three days prior to the last day of the month they are vacating the unit. If this is not received in the office on or prior to that date, the tenants will forfeit their deposit. All personal property must be removed by the day specified in the notice. Following the day of removal specified on the notice, owner will examine the storage unit to make certain that the storage space is empty, swept and free of all debris, and that all stains are removed from the concrete using appropriate cleaning methods. If any items are found remaining in the storage unit, after we receive your notice, we will dispose of these items without any notification to you, and reserve the right to bill you a reasonable charge for the removal and cleaning costs. Owner will have 10 working days to refund all deposits. Locks on units that are supposed to be empty will be removed and replaced with owner’s lock.
Pursuant to Chapter 578A, Iowa Code, the Owner of the self-service storage facility unit rented to you has a possessory lien upon all personal property placed in the unit by you, beginning on the date the personal property is placed in the storage unit for all rent, labor, and other reasonable charges, in relation to the storage of the personal property, and for expenses necessary for its preservation or expenses reasonably incurred in its sale or other desposition pursuant to Chapter 578A, Iowa Code. Enforcement of this lien shall be as set forth in Section 578A, Iowa Code, and in addition to any other charges, an administrative fee of at least $100.00 shall be paid.
This agreement can be terminated by the owner of the storage unit providing Tenant with a 30 day written notice of termination. The parties to this Contract agree that in the event LaVelle Storage is required to bring any legal action for breach of or to enforce any provisions of the Agreement, said legal action may be brought in Decorah, Winneshiek County, Iowa.
TENANTS STORE PERSONAL PROPERTY AT THEIR OWN RISK
I understand that this self-storage facility and/or its management:
- Require that I provide a padlock so unit will remain locked at all times.
- Is not responsible for loss or damage to my stored personal property.
- Does not provide insurance for my stored personal property.
- REQUIRES THAT I PROVIDE MY OWN INSURANCE COVERAGE OR BE SELF-INSURED (PERSONALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OF MY PERSONAL PROPERTY).
- Is a commercial business renting storage space and is not a landlord, bailee, or warehouseman.
- Does not allow hazardous materials to be stored in the unit at any time.
- Requires that all checks be made payable to LaVelle Storage. (To insure proper credit to your account please include location of storage unit and unit number on your check).
- A $20 charge will be applied to all return checks and scheduled auto-debit payments that are denied.
- Requires a minimum 30 day rental.